Quote of the Day

Monday, December 1, 2014

Week 12 Results

Hi all! So, Thanksgiving is over and it was not easy. Most of us are up. Personally, I was surprised I was not up more. It just means that I was having a good week before Thursday at which point I began consuming my weight in wine, gravy, pie, and cheesecake.

I know most of us have some weight related health problems, or at least health problems that are made worse by being overweight. A very long time ago, when we originally started the blog, I was on  metformin and two different blood pressure meds. The metformin and 1 of the bp meds are gone but I still have to watch my blood pressure, especially when stressed. Somehow, Chris and I have several theories, but I threw my lower back out - get your mind out of the gutter! I think what happened was, I spent 5 days doing close computer work with bad posture in a stiff chair and my stress level is doing me no favors. I woke up this morning and it was hard to roll over and as the day went on, just kept getting worse and worse, to the point that i can't stand up straight without wanting to cry. I know that my weight does me no favors here. I know my belly puts stress on my lower back so why can't I find it in myself to fix it? Its so hard to do the things we know are best for us. We need to love and accept ourselves enough to make choices that make us better.

Here's to having a week where we can love ourselves! Two more weeks left - lets make them count!



No comments: