Quote of the Day

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Spa Day


Last Wednesday morning I told Chris that I missed him as he walked out the door to go to work. I've been going to the gym at night almost every day so it cuts into our time together. He called me later on Wednesday morning and said he was taking the next day off and we were going to the spa :-) So sweet!

The spa on Thursday didn't work out so we ended up going on Saturday. We took a trip out to Amherst to go to Elements Spa. They offer a room with a therapeutic hot tub and sauna for an hour so we did that and got a couples massage. It was wonderful!

Chris and I noticed a huge difference from the last time we went to the spa. The last time we went to the spa, we brought our own bathrobes with us because the time before that, the bathrobes didn't fit. We forgot to bring bathrobes with us and were a bit nervous but, as a pleasant surprise the "one size fits most" robe fit us both comfortably! We also noticed that we actually fit on the massage table. As a side note, I've also been feeling very "small" in restaurant booths, or at the very least, normal size.

It was a fun revelation to have but it makes me sad about the past that we let ourselves get do big that we didn't fit on the massage table. It's silly to be sad about the past because all we can do is adjust what we do in the future. I am never going to let myself go back there. My obese past, that is. Not the spa - we have many more trips there ahead of us!

No comments: