Quote of the Day

Monday, September 15, 2014


Welcome to the weight loss challenge.  The first week is over and we will see how everyone did later tonight.  I know that I was down for the week and I feel good about my result.  But, you've accomplished nothing.  You managed to not stuff your fat face for one week.  Anybody can do something for a week.  There are 13 more left in this challenge.  I look back on last week and feel good, but then I realize all of the things I did wrong.  I did NOT need Blue Cheese dressing on my salad yesterday.  I did NOT need to steal the hunk of cheddar out of the fridge on Saturday.  I did NOT need the second Italian Ice on Saturday.

My point, is that like the Patriots yesterday, you can still win and know there were things that you should have done better.  Make sure not to pat yourself on the back too hard or you will end up feeling so good that you'll give yourself permission to eat a sausage grinder or corn bread (you know who you are.)  

Saying that we need to change our lifestyles is not just words.  We have proof.  Every single one of us went backwards in a big way without the challenge.  So is it our destiny to be fat?  Do we really believe that?  I know that I don't believe it about myself.

While our current mission in this war is to get to a healthier place over the next 13 weeks, we all need to understand that we don't get to go back to the way it was before.  FOREVER - it is wrong to order Brothers every Friday night.  FOREVER - bread is to be consumed in moderation.  FOREVER - processed foods and snacks belong in the trash not in our stomachs.  FOREVER - chocolate, pies, candy, cookies, chips, cheese-its, and move theater popcorn are for all intents, off limits.

Do you have the tenacity to sustain this journey for 13 more weeks in row?  What about the tenacity to change the way you live?

2 comments:

Lulaangel7 said...

I am still in and yup the corn bread that was me....I will pick a healthy choice item next time I am dinning out...and stay away from the onion rings as well.....

Unknown said...

I can say that I should be putting my best step forward. Those aregreat words to live for. Forever though that's a long time away....but if you can help us to do it Katie then we shall........
Do It Together