Quote of the Day

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just do it...........

I just got done doing what I call a "sweatfest" at Sim's Premier Fitness in Charlton. I love the burn of a great workout and the sense of achievement I feel when I am done. These are feelings I never longed for nor dreamed I ever would. That is until recently.

I joined Sim's back in May w/ a couple of my friends. I thought " Hey, this will be cool. I spend all my time w/ these people any ways so why not join a gym w/ them and workout and benefit at the same time. When I first started going w/ them there was a routine, a meeting time and a workout regimen. Slowly it appeared to me that if I was going to continue going to the gym I was going to have to do it alone.

I had to get over my fears of being the "FAT" girl at the gym. The fear that everyone was staring at me and judging my workout. Then one day I just did it. I just got in my car and drove there alone. I called a friend and talked to her until I felt comfortable enough to get out of the car. I got out, walked the walk, went up the stairs and jumped on the treadmill. Once I had on my Ipod and the music started I was in a zone. And I JUST DID IT.......... Ever since then I have been doing it. And doing it alone. I know I can't depend on anyone else but me to motivate me. To drive me and push me. I am in this for me so I do it for me w/ me.

Do whatever it takes to get yourself to the zone. Do whatever it takes to make YOU feel great. Do it as a team or do it alone. JUST DO IT

Oh yeah and drink that WATER. Water , water , water

No comments: