Quote of the Day

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Holiday Weekends


I hope everyone had a great first week and survived their first weekend. Except it wasn't just any weekend - it was a holiday weekend. Filled with cookouts and mayonnaise on everything and cake and ice cream and chips and lots of alcohol. So, basically temptation everywhere you look. As if regular weekends weren't hard enough.

I can have a great week - no cheats, workout everyday - and can lose all the progress I made in two days. You like to relax and unwind on the weekends with friends and family. Why do we associate food with a good time? Why do we have to be eating to have fun? Chris and I have this recurring conversation all the time. If we want to go out to do something, there is very little that we like to do that does not embrace healthy living. We like to go out to eat. We like to go drinking. We like to go to the movies and have snacks. However, we have recently discovered that we like going to the gym together.

What things do you enjoy doing that are good for you? How can you incorporate these into your everyday life? I really like the way I feel after I work out. I try to exercise 4-5 days a week for at least 30 minutes a day. I also really like salad. I make one every night. If for whatever reason I don't make one for a few days, I find myself craving salad (with light salad dressing of course).

Try to incorporate one new thing that promotes weight loss into your routine this week. Do it everyday. Mine will be menu and portion control. I am going to journal all my food everyday before the day is over. I am going to weigh and measure all of it. And I am going to stay under 2000 calories every day. What will yours be?

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I try to get to the gym for 45 to 90 minutes four days a week. I also love the feeling and the burn of the accomplishment. I weight and portion my servings, I journal all foods and try to stay focused. I am accountable for me. I also try to read up online and at home on fitness and weightloss ideas.

amy said...

im going to use my treadmill when the biggest loser is on goal#1