Quote of the Day

Monday, June 29, 2009

Liberation


I try and give myself a theme every week in my food journal. This week is the Fourth of July and I have poppy stickers (the symbol of rememberance) decorating the two pages. My theme is "Independence From Food."

I don't want my life to be taken over by the cravings cycle anymore. I need to keep telling myself, "Food is fuel." Intellectually, I know that this is the truth and if I say it over and over again, I am hoping that I will truly believe it. We no longer have to live to eat - we will eat to live!

I did not start my Independence week very well. I went to the movies for lunch today and ate most of a medium buttered popcorn and a box of Raisinets. I, of course, felt sick when I was done but I let the food take hold of me and I couldn't stop. I was actually disappointed when I finished the Raisinets.

Let's work together to break the reigns that food has on us!

No comments: