Quote of the Day

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fatten Up Weekend

I have declared a diet reboot for myself! And consequently for the rest of my house since I do the grocery shopping and 85% of the cooking.

We have called for a "Fatten Up Weekend"!



All week, I've been thinking about what I need to do to get myself back on track. I have been playing in the same set of numbers for two months and have not been particularly motivated to do anything differently. I knew I needed to have the same invigoration as I did in September - like I had just begun. I needed to get all of the cravings out of my system so that I could start saying "No" to food and meaning it.

When I eat junk food ALOT, I get tired of it. I need to get to a place where I am not craving bad for me foods and stuffing myself silly. If I can get it out of my system this weekend, I can start fresh on Monday morning

I am going to start calculating, exactly, all of my calories. To do this, I will need to utilize my food scale which, I'm sorry to say, is collecting dust and measure everything instead of estimating. I need to learn what hungry and satisfied feel like. Again. I need to heartily commit to exercise.

I know I have come a long way in only 10 months but I still have so far to go. Many people START their journey where I am right now and that's what I'm going to do on Monday. I'm going to "reboot" and start over. I'm not ready to quit.

SO WHO'S WITH ME?! Do YOU have the courage to start over? I hope so - I've really enjoyed the company on this journey!

No comments: