Quote of the Day

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Never stop learning

While babysitting my nephew and watching him play Super Smash Brothers on the Wii, I couldn't help but think, "I wish I could get this excited about anything." The entire time he played, he bounced up and down like a Mexican Jumping Bean. For two hours!





There is nothing stopping us from living our life with verve and playing like children. They have an unending capacity for fun. Food doesn't stop them, sleep doesn't stop them; being alone doesn't stop them. They just keep going. What happens to us between the ages of 5 and 30? What prevents us from enjoying life with the innoncence of a child?


I know this is a cliche but I have to say it - there is so much we can learn from the children in our lives. Only eat what tastes good - if that cookie is gross, throw it out. Don't just eat it because it's there. Play - and enjoy it! Run, crawl on the floor, throw the ball, chase the dog, shake your booty! Don't let being tired or bored stop your activity - just keep going.


Keep having fun!

1 comment:

Lulaangel7 said...

I have to agree with Katie....I was also watching Josh play computor games....and I stood behind him and his uncle Chris. they were deep into the game and I jumped up and down for a time to keep up with Joshs" movements....he could be my cardio trainer...just follow his footsteps and we would all be thin...imagine..saying "No Thank you I am not hungrey !" to a snack. I need to try this ..
Peace,
LOve you when I am proud to be Joshs" Mem