Quote of the Day

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Think Twice


Just say no! You don't need that late night snack!! You WILL regret it later - it may feel like coming home but it is just not worth it in the end.

On Tuesday nights, Chris and I play trivia at a local bar with two other couples on our team. We won this week and were so "hungry" after our victory and 4 drinks (vodka and soda water for me and beer for Chris) that we drove around Southbridge looking for something to eat. We ended up at McDonalds with a cheeseburger for each of us (at 300 calories) and sharing a medium fry (380 calories or 190 for half). It tasted so good and in all honesty it tasted like coming home but it was over so quickly.

I make sure to plan ahead and have enough calories for 3-4 drinks on Tuesday night. It is usually the only night that I have drinks since they are empty calories. But 500 calories of McDonalds was not in the plan. And I'm not satisfied. If I had waited ten more minutes, I could have eaten my dinner salad and been completely happy. I got caught up in the moment and everyone saying that they were hungry that I just went along with it. If I had taken time to think about my choice, I might have made a different decision.

Just take the time to consider what you're putting in your mouth. Plan for what you know will happen and what you know you will want. Think twice about those extras that you dont really need.

1 comment:

Lulaangel7 said...

My friend at work has breast cancer and to raise money to give to her another friend made some spanish thingies ....I dont know what they are called but they are delicioso.....I bought 4.....she brought them to me , and I sooooo wanted to eat them....they are deep fat fried dough , kinda like a mini meat pie.....and yummy ...she brought them to me in a paper bag inside a plastic baggie so the grease would not leak out.....I gave them away...I know that they would be good...but I also knew I could not have eaten JUST ONE !!!! AARRGGGHHHH
Peace and Love you when I was caught holding and empty bag :0(