Quote of the Day

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

RE: Play Rehearsal

I'll reply Mom!!

"For Satan finds some mischief still for idle hands to do." I have to keep my hands busy too - especially in those pre-dinner hours and late night snack time. I knit. And crochet.

Right now I am finishing up a crocheted baby blanket (will post a picture of this when it's done) and have just started knitting a lace shawl. I am probably going to start another lace shawl today because I just got some yarn that I can't wait to use! It is absolutely impossible to snack when knitting or crocheting. You use both your hands the entire time and you wouldn't want to get food or drink spots on your beautiful yarn. Not to mention, that if you are reading a lace chart and get distracted by chips, you will lose your place and your count and probably have to rip back the row you're working.

Not only does knitting keep my hands occupied and out of the cookie jar but, there is a huge sense of satisfaction that comes with finishing a big project. Finishing a lace shawl feels like you've just climbed Mount Everest and it kind of makes losing 130 more pounds feel all that more achievable

No comments: