Quote of the Day

Monday, September 8, 2014

Welcome back!


Welcome back ladies and gents! It is certainly bittersweet to be doing this again but, I, like all the rest of you said, desperately need this. I am only 50lbs away from being back at my highest weight. Ugh. I feel like crap. I have no energy. Nothing fits. I have all the excuses in the world why its never a good time to start eating healthy but I'm really running out of reasons NOT to do this.

Chris and I are going to go back to counting calories - it always works best for us. We've tried Atkins, we've tried Slimfast, we've tried vegetarian, we've tried juicing. While counting calories in the past, we have always chosen the lowest calorie option. We will be changing this a bit. We are counting calories but we are also staying away from processed foods. No margarine, no spray butter, no Pam, no fake fats or oils, no "diet" or "light" labeled foods. I will cook with small amounts of butter or olive oil. I will use organic fruits and veggies when available. There are so many chemicals that go into all these things that we eat and how can we know that they are not making us sick in ways we don't understand yet? If I'm working to make myself healthy through weight loss, shouldn't I put the most healthy food into my body also?

What is everyone else's diet strategy this time around?

I hope everyone had a great first day and has an awesome first week! So glad to have you all as companions on this journey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny you should say that about margarine, not that I ate margarine, but about a week or two ago I was going to go buy my normal ICBITB butter and I happen to look at the ingredients and thought. Why am I eating something with all this stuff in it when real butter is real butter. no additives or chemicals. I told myself today a lot of water and small amounts of fats such as butter and oils. Also I have to go back to whole grain and wheat's..Its hard working in the bakery and smelling all the good food.. BUT I WILL CONCOUR.. IT WILL NOT GET THE BEST OF ME...