Quote of the Day

Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 3 Results

Happy end of Week 3 and beginning of Week 4 everybody! This was a much better week for everyone!! I'm so pumped to have you all doing this with me.

This challenge really helps me be conscious of everything I'm eating, everything I'm feeling, and why. For me, and most of us, so many emotions are tied up in food and eating - we eat when we're happy, when we're sad, when we're celebrating, when we're commiserating, and everything in between. The one I've been struggling with lately is stress though. I eat when I'm stressed and I don't have any other stress coping mechanisms. I used to be able to relieve stress by going to the gym; obviously, that ship sailed long ago. I will get back to that spot again. I loved that spot. But I need to lose some more weight before I can do the gym activities I need to do. I know it's a copout - but I feel uncomfortable going right now because I'm still so easily winded and tired when doing things. I know that one solution is the gym/exercise but I'm just not there.

Anyways, back to stress coping mechanisms. I've been practicing some mindfulness exercises and I find them so so so helpful. I use them when I can feel what might be a full blown panic attack starting  and I can usually decrease the intensity; I use them when I'm trying to fall asleep at night; I used one while writing this post. It helps me be here and not have my mind everywhere. It helps me focus and relax, which really, isn't that something we all could use? What do all of you do to relax and relieve stress? Lets share tips!

If you think it could be useful to you, or the group, let me know and I'll write more about it later. But now, on to the results!!!

Winner of the week - Ann! Way to go!! I know you guys are camping but keep up the great work :)

Individual with the best opportunity for next week - Bob. Let your wife inspire and help you. She's on a roll and you can be too.


1 comment:

Chris said...

To those who lost, congrats. I only lost .2 lbs. I will have a much better week. I want all of you to have a better week as well. Make good decisions and stay strong. Congrats Aunt Ann - sincerely - you are doing great!