Quote of the Day

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Update


I always knew that if I had a blog I would be gung ho about it at first and then it would fall by the wayside so the perfect title would be "My Future Neglected Blog". If I had a plain old blog, I would have totally named it that but, I have a weight loss blog. With a handful of followers. Whom I have let down. I know I haven't posted in weeks and I'm sorry. All I can say is that I will do better in the future.

I feel like the perfect title for all of my endeavors should be "My Future Neglected (Fill in the Blank)" - "My Future Neglected Blog", "My Future Neglected Half Knit Sweater", "My Future Neglected Sink Full of Dishes", "My Future Neglected Weight Loss". I had my birthday a few weeks ago and celebrated all week, and the week after, and lets face it, this week too. I went to Hampton Beach this past weekend and ate all day - candy, more candy, doughnuts, fried dough, and more candy. And I ate McDonald's for breakfast yesterday. Once I turn on the "eat for fun instead of fuel" spigot, it's incredibly difficult for me to turn it off.

The only thing keeping my weight from going through the roof is my gym schedule. I have been going 4 or 5 days a week since the day I joined five weeks ago. I do 30-60 minutes of cardio every time. I'm not ready for it to be "My Future Neglected Gym Membership".

I have a huge problem with my new activity level, however. I am so much hungrier ALL THE TIME. I wake up starving in the morning and I, of course, eat to deal with the hunger instead of becoming accustomed to it.

But I'm not ready for this to be "My Future Neglected Weight Loss". Every morning I recommit myself to this challenge and I hope that you can too. I know that I've come a long way on this journey over the course of the year but I have so much further to go.

3 comments:

Lulaangel7 said...

Katie,
As Chris stated this morning....I may have not done all that well on Round Two...but...if I had not been in round two I might have put all my lost weight back on....so I too am not ready for Neglected weight loss....and ...as soon as I am healed I will be going to that gym with you....
Love you lots and hugs too...dont give up....
Love you when we all need to step up to the plate and not STRIKE OUT !!!!
Paula Lula Angel

Jess said...

Hi Katie,
Thanks for posting. I come here every day to see if there's a post. Crazy I know and yes, I could post too. I'm really inspired by everyone's thoughts so please keep them coming.

Also! Wanted to let you know I dreamed about you last night and you were skinny! You looked great. We were in mom's kitchen and everyone was just talking about how great you looked. It was awesome and I am so proud of what you have accomplished. And I know you will get there. Ask mom about my dreams, they become reality. No kidding. Maybe I'm a bit like Joseph in that way... it was red and green and crimson and gold and azure and lemon and russet and gray.... :o)

Katie said...

Thanks guys!!! I'm feeling inspired and empowered now!