Quote of the Day

Monday, May 11, 2009

Week 10 Results

Hi all. We did not hit 500 lbs as a team, because SOME of you decided to GAIN weight this week. We did however, pass the 100 lb mark as a team for Round 2 which is very exciting. Ok, folks, roll call:

Mom and Dad - What can I say? You know you can do better. Dad, I don't know how to help you. I'm at a loss. I try to nag, I try to talk to you. What can we do to make it easier for you? You really haven't lost weight since Week 10 of Round 1.

Katie - whoo hoo! Another week, Another Record Low. Time for you to think about how to step up your workouts. I think you need to use the tread mill and start targetting some one mile times to improve. You're at the point where you can start to focus your efforts on specific areas. Its now not just about what you eat, but what you do as well.

Angie - you have not weighed in for two weeks in a row. Are you still with us? We love you and want you back.

Tom & Tracy - Four weeks in a row with no loss. (Let me correct that, Tracy has lost, Tom has gained. Tom, maybe YOU should use the treadmill you just got.)

Becky & Greg - Nice that you weighed in and I wish I knew what you have done in the past couple of weeks. Since you did not report, I cannot tell if you are down or not for this week. The point is, you weighed in, you reported, now treat yourself. Treat yourself to a healthier lifestyle. You'll live longer.

Mike & Jeanne - Good loss this week, nice trend. Mike, you've lost two pounds since last week, so you know you can do it. Jeanne, you are almost back to your challenge lows, if you focus you can get there.

Yvette - You're so tiny. You didn't gain this week, so that is good. Life your life, just don't live it with frosting stuffed donuts, french fries and pizza for dinner. (Wow, what a great dinner.)

Aunt Eva & Sally - Hey, you know, sometimes you just slack off for a week. Important thing is to not give up, get back up, dust yourself off and try again. You'll do better this week.

Jessica & Serge - All right! Now this is how we do it in the Martin Weight Loss Challenge. You ARE stronger than the vending machine. You are BOTH at your challenge lows, it is all downhill from here!

Aunt Ann & Uncle Bob - First Communion my left nostril. Aunt Ann, you had it beat, you had the big 2__ beat! The beast was knocked down, hurt, giving up and ready for the blow that kills. You were on a gravy train with biscuit wheels (wow, yum) and you blew it. Decide for yourself if you want it back. Uncle Bob - next week, get out of bed so you can weigh in.

Mike & Lisa - Mike, incredible story about the woman. (For those of you that do not know, Mike rescued a woman at the beach this week, and he believes that his weight loss made that possible, or at least much easier.) Lisa, I am calling you out. Michael has lost 10% of his body and you have barely lost 4%. Are you even trying? You can be mad at me, but I am only saying this because I care. Michael is going to pass you and it is going to happen soon. Do you want to let that happen? How will you feel when Michael weighs 10, or 20 lbs less than you do?


Fran - What can I say? I am so proud of you. You have joined the challenge, and have really shown great promise. You have lost 6% of your body in only 10 weeks. You are well on your way to a healthier, happier, you. Keep up the fantastic work.

Bart - You're a pork chop.







1 comment:

Yvette said...

Congrats to all who lost! I'm hoping to have a better week this week. I really slacked off in the exercise department, but I'm back on track this week, and I don't have any "unhealthy" food in the house. I have this fear of turning back into a junk food junkie! But with the help of all of you, I think I'll stay healthy! Thank you all for your inspiration! Some days are more difficult than others, but every healthy day is worth it!