Quote of the Day

Monday, March 2, 2009

Week 26 & Week 0 Results

Greetings Programs (geeky Tron reference, for additional info, see here):

What an incredible six months we've had. Do you know that we lost as a group over four hundred pounds. That's two people, or maybe three people. I know that I feel better. The other day I was at Aunt Eva's, giving her a computer that I put together and we had to rush a bit because we had plans later that night. Well let me tell you, we rearranged her living room, turned it upside down, and I had to think quick on my feet. When I was done, she was all set up. I didn't sweat. I wasn't out of breath, and my face wasn't red. It was a great feeling. Had I been the 335 lbs I was six months ago, it would have been impossible for me to get it done in time.

I feel healthier, stronger, and more alive. The funniest part is, I am still a big fat guy. Like Tom told me, I am just a normal fat guy now. I can't imagine how I will feel one hundred pounds from now. I did not lose this week, but it was a nice week filled with Pizza and Sausage and Cheese and Breakfast and all manner of terrible foods. But it is round two and I am serious about my health.

To the new-comers, Monday is a special time. Weighing in and facing the reality of the scale forces you to think about the choices you made in the previous week. Sometimes they were good, sometimes they were bad. There will be weeks where you don't lose, accept it now and do not get discouraged. "The play is the thing" if you will.

There is some homework this week. We need a picture of each of you, one from the front and one from the side. I will still be taking pictures of Katie and I every four weeks, but I'd like to do a picture of all of the competitors now and at the half way point - 13 weeks in. You can opt out, but it is a nice thing to do.

New-Comers - go back and read the blog. It's not that long and it will give you some real insight into what we have been through. I'll try to bring up some of the old tips and advice, but you will benefit from our mistakes.

The results presented here are in the new format. For those interested,


John & Paula lost a total of 49.5 lbs or almost 11%. Katie and Chris lost a total of 178.2 lbs or 23.6%. Chris and Katie won. But frankly, how could Mom and Dad lose when they lost 50 lbs - that's just as good as winning. Take note, we report to baseline, Round 2 and previous week. To keep overall score, look at the middle column. Everyone is zero right now, because, we just started.

So here are the new individual graphs, they start from Round 1, but are all geared at the Round 2 starting weight. Round 2 is indicated by the Dotted Red Line.



Good luck and remember,
Bread is Bad,
Chocolate is a sin and
Pizza does not exist.






No comments: