Quote of the Day

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Changes



Last week, I posted about the mental changes I've undergone. Today, here are the physical (just because I feel like patting myself on the back a little :-)).

  • I lost 113 pounds in 26 weeks. On September 1, I weighed 420 pounds and could not wear a seatbelt in some cars.
  • I wore a size 32 and they were tight. Now I wear a 24 and they are a bit loose.
  • Most days, I can not wear my engagement and wedding rings because they fall off.
  • Simple housework like making dinner and doing dishes left me in pain and sweating profusely. Now I can get on the treadmill and not completely dread going for half an hour. I can even run for a few minutes (not fast, mind you but a little at a time).
  • Going out to eat is enitrely different when you dont have to worry about whether you will fit in the booth or break the chair.
  • I think I've been getting gallbladder attacks because I have cut almost all of the fat and refined grains and sugars out of my diet so when I eat more than normal, my body doesnt know what to do
  • I have had my period almost every day for four months because my hormone levels are all over the place due to the fact that estrogen is stored in fat cells

I know I still have a long way to go but the changes I have seen in myself are encouraging and keep me motivated. I never thought I would come this far but now I feel like I could do anything. I know I will only get better!

No comments: